We all know that the Echelon is really active when it comes to making a difference in this world. We are building houses and wells, feeding the hungry and doing our best to help people – and our planet and its animals – in need. There are bigger projects, smaller projects, and hundreds of individuals having the need to do something, but not knowing exactly how.
So that is what this project is about. We are going to gather together EVERYTHING that YOU are doing to make the difference. It can be something as simple as switching the lights off when you leave the room, or buying green products, taking shorter showers or using your bike instead of a car. It can be anything and everything you think is making a difference. It doesn’t have to be environmental change, it can be anything that makes a difference, even a small one. Maybe you have saved a dog or a cat from the animal shelter, giving a new life for it, or adopting a tiger through WWF, anything and everything you consider as MAKING A DIFFERENCE. It can be a difference in your friend’s opinion about how they used to think that it is not possible to make a change by yourself, it can be a difference you made to stop bullying in your school, it can be anything that makes this world a little bit better place to live, for people or for the animals.
We already have The Echelon House and YESTHISISACULT.COM included in this project, they will be sending their videos or photos in, so now we are looking everyone else. This project will be big, it will have no limits on how long it should be, maybe it will end up being a documentary, who knows? It all depends on YOU.
So, now the questions you’re wondering: WHAT YOU SHOULD SEND?
1. A video of you talking in front of the camera. Make sure it’s bright enough so the quality is good, and try to avoid all the background noises. You are welcome to send one or five videos, but make sure that you send different files on different subject. For example, you can record one video about the difference you made by changing to green products, another video about donating to The Echelon House, and a third video about how you haven’t used a car in a month. That way the files won’t be too huge, and they’re easier to send. Try to keep small pauses in between sentences (small ones is really enough, no need for five second breaks), just to make the editing easier. And don’t talk too much about one thing, you can tell the things you feel like are important, but try to keep it around a minute. If you have a longer story, you can share it too, it’s not a rule that it should be short, it’s more like a guideline. So don’t stress about the clock, just say what you want to say. Talk in English, and make sure we can hear you well. You can introduce yourself, but it’s not necessary.
2. Audio/video with just your voice. If you don’t want your face to be visible when you talk, you can send just the audio-file, or a video where the only image is a wall or something. I can easily separate the video and audio, so it’s fine to send a video with just the audio. Again, make sure we can hear your voice well, and that there’s no background noises. If you feel like your story needs some background noises that are attached to the story, read forward, there’s a part for those too. But try to make this audio file as clear as possible. And the same time limits go with audio as the video too, a minute would be good, but you can talk longer if you want. Just make sure you keep some pauses every now and then between the sentences, so it’s easier to edit. And again, you can introduce yourself, but it’s not necessary.
3. A photograph of you and what you have done to make a difference. You can have a paper that says “I changed to green products”, or just show a bunch of good green things you use. You can send a photo of you biking, for example. Or any kind of photo that you think explains what you do. The sky isn’t the limit here, it’s your imagination. So go for it, show us what you do and how you do it.
4. Videos of things/happenings you think are attached to this project. Examples? You can take a video of the water in a river, the water in a bottle, the traffic with all the noises of the cars, etc. If you have people in your clip, make sure that you have their permission to the project, and send their names with the clip. Try to record more than just few seconds. For example a minute or even five, long clips are welcome, so there’s lots of materials to use on top of audio files, etc. You can record just the trees and their leaves moving with the wind, you can record rain or a storm, sunset or sunrise, trash on the ground, people walking on the streets (just their legs for example, no faces of strangers!), anything you can imagine that could be useful here. Try to record with as good quality as possible. And just the audio is welcome too, for example the traffic or something else that is recognizable with just the sound. Use your imagination and surprise us! You can send as many files as you want, or if you record fifty different things, you can send us a list of what you have and we can let you know what we could use. That way you’re not blocking our mailbox, but we still get everything we need.
5 If you have a charity project that you are in charge of, you can send a video about it too. I have some special questions etc. to the bigger projects, so if you are able to record a video about it, you can send me an email explaining about the project, and I’ll send you some extra things to do. If you want, obviously. You can also just send something with the previous instructions, it’s totally fine. :)
HOW TO NAME AND SEND THE FILES:
When you have your files, you should change the file names so we know who they are from. If you don’t know how to change the name of the file, you can send the same info in the email, and we can name he files for you. It’s really not a big job, so don’t stress yourself with this if you’re not sure how it works. But if you do know how to change the name of the file, it would help us a lot if you would do it. Here’s how:
If your country doesn’t have states, just leave that part away. For example:
When you send more than just one file, just add 1, 2, 3, 4 and so on, at the end of the file name. For example:
1. Attach the file/files to an email
2. Add DREAMWORLD as a title,
3. Add YOUR FIRST NAME, LAST NAME, CITY and COUNTRY ONCE MORE TO THE MESSAGE. Just to make sure we have them.
4. Send the email to: email@example.com
We will answer to every single person, so if you don’t hear from us in about a week or two, send an email asking if we got your mail. We are just human too, so we might forget to answer to some email, but before blocking our mailbox with double emails, make sure we didn’t get it already. The next few months are really busy for us, so it might take a while before answering to you.
If your files are too big to be sent via email, you can use a file sharing page, and send the download link for us. If you don’t know which page to use, you can send us an email and ask for suggestions. We are here to help with anything.
DEADLINE doesn’t exist so far, we’ll see how much stuff we are getting and how huge this project really will be. But, the faster you send the files, the bigger chance you have to get included to the first trailer of the project that will be out SOON.
So, get your cameras ready, it’s time to change the world, step by step.
Provehito In Altum.
Keep updated about the project, subscribe to our news at http://echelonvideoproject.com/
You can also follow the news at our: